Every November the National Asbestos Awareness Month Campaign runs, seeking to inform the public of the dangers of removing or disturbing asbestos in the home.
Even though the dangerous substance has been banned in Australia since 2003, we still have one of the highest rates of asbestos related diseases in the world, with home renovators most at risk. The aim of the Asbestos Awareness Campaign is to combat this high rate of asbestos related diseases by educating the public.
Here at Ausbestos we are big supporters of the important work the National Asbestos Awareness Month Campaigns performs, and do what we can to support their important mission all year round.
Recently the campaign has released brand new asbestos education materials in the form of a series of asbestos fact sheets for tradies and an in depth asbestos management guide for commercial and non-residential properties.
Fact sheets include:
• Residential Asbestos Checklist For Tradies – Instruction Guide
• Information for Bricklayers
• Information for Builders
• Information for Building Construction & Civil Construction Workers
• Information for Building Maintenance Workers
• Information for Carpenters, Cabinet Makers & Joiners
• Information for Demolition Workers
• Information for Electricians
• Information for External Cladding Installers
• Gas Fitters
• Heating or Air Conditioning Installers & Maintenance Workers
For more information about asbestos awareness month or to check out their comprehensive range of fact sheets, click here.